It’s officially 2022 and this year’s bridal trends are in full swing! Last year’s trends were heavily influenced by the global pandemic, boasting simple and modern silhouettes as weddings were considerably smaller and elopements were way more frequent.
But this year it’s about extravagant details, bold silhouettes, and maximalism. More is more in 2022 and we can’t say we’re mad about it! Here are a few of our favorite trends you can look forward to this wedding season:
- High Neck Lines - Victorian inspired wedding gowns have started trending again with the help of Paris Hilton’s gorgeous Oscar De La Renta ball gown, and the trend is still going strong in 2022. We love high-neck gowns because they’re so adaptable in that they can be paired with any silhouette: mermaid, sheath, or a-line— the options are endless. And let’s be real, a high-neck dress can provide security on your wedding day because you won’t have to worry about any unwanted “wardrobe malfunctions.”
2. Corset Dresses - Bridegerton fans have now entered the chat! Channel your inner Daphne Bridgerton with this year’s sophisticated take on corsetry. Not sure how to wear this unique trend? Make it royalty-ready with lace, tulle, or embroidery… or just keep it simple for a more classic wedding look.
3. Square Necklines - This one’s for the cool, modern bride who wants a touch of the 90’s flare. This throw-back inspired trend flatters both small and large bust sizes, giving you the support or coverage you need on your big day. A square neckline looks incredibly sophisticated on minimalist gowns made from unembellished fabrics like crepe, or it can add an unexpected detail to sequined or embroidered gowns.
4. Bold Sleeves - All of our 80’s prom dress dreams are coming true with the resurgence of billowy and voluminous sleeves. Kate Middleton premiered her classically iconic long-sleeve wedding dress years ago and we’re so glad sleeves are sticking around! This year, they’re just bigger and better! Not ready to fully embrace the big sleeve trend? Try bishop sleeves! It’s a more understated/classic option with a hint of a fuller sleeve.
5. Statement Cut Outs - Ready-to-wear styles have officially inspired this wedding dress trend. With options like: keyhole necklines, high slits, and open-back gowns, cut-outs are making their way down the aisle. In fact, almost every new bridal collection this season offers a way to subtly show a little bit of skin.
Whether you’re feeling bold or minimalistic, traditional or whimsical, glamorous or chic, we love it all in 2022.
Ready to find your dress? Book your appointment easily on our website. We can’t wait to meet you!