If you’re traveling to Greenville, South Carolina for your bridal appointment, first of all, welcome! We’re so glad you chose us and Greenville for your bridal shopping experience!
Believe us, you won’t want to skip town before checking out the countless amazing local businesses that make the city of Greenville such a gem. Staying overnight? Experience local hospitality. Looking for delicious food? Be the foodie you really are, and discover the many tastes of Greenville.
We’ve created a quick guide for you, full of our top recommendations for food and fun. But we happen to think that no matter what you do, you can’t go wrong in #yeahthatgreenville!
- Westin Poinsett - Looking for a weekend of luxury at a historical Greenville staple? Stay in the heart of downtown on Main St. and enjoy the extravagance of our Four Diamond Hotel. The Westin Poinsett, which was established in 1925, is an experience in and of itself, not to mention its amenities. Enjoy a meal at Spoonbread inside the Westin Poinsett. Grab a drink in their Lobby Lounge. Work out in their fitness studio. Best of all, if you’re looking for a wedding venue, check out the Westin’s event space as a potential spot for your big day. Their views are some of the best in town!
- Swamp Rabbit Inn - For the adventure seekers, enjoy a unique experience at the Swamp Rabbit Inn. This “home away from home” is within walking distance from all things Downtown Greenville. Take a bike ride straight from the property onto the Swamp Rabbit Trail. Don’t have a bike? Rent one of theirs! While individual rooms are available to rent, you can also reserve the entire house! If you stay at the Swamp Rabbit Inn, you’ll truly feel like a local.
- Pettigru Place Bed & Breakfast - Experience southern charm at the Pettigru Place Bed & Breakfast. If you’re looking for southern hospitality, this Historic Inn is the place for you. In the heart of downtown, you can relax in their garden oasis or take it easy in your room with wine and cheese delivered to your door. Unwind in this beautiful boutique hotel in the midst of your downtown adventures.
- Gather - Have a hard time deciding where to eat? Have no fear, Gather has you covered. This casual, but foodie hang in the form of an outdoor food hall has the best of all your options. Want tacos? Choose Mercado with the best service in town. Craving a burger? KO Burger has your back. They even have an Impossible Burger for the vegetarians of the world. Gather GVL really has it all, and you can find the best drinks in town at almost any of their 13 outdoor container style restaurants. Stop in for an afternoon full of gathering and grazing.
- Juniper - This is not your average garden party. Plan an Instagram-worthy night out with the girls after your day full of dress shopping. This rooftop bar has the best libations, views, and entertainment around. Located in Camperdown Plaza and directly on Main Street downtown, Juniper is intoxicating, to say the least. Gather up your ladies and plan a night of gin and juicy entertainment, and make sure to reserve your spot a few weeks in advance.
- Halls Chophouse - If you’re looking for something a little more elegant, you won’t want to miss out on Halls Chophouse. A true Greenville staple, Halls Chophouse is a family-owned, hospitality-driven steakhouse located downtown. Experience exceptional guest excellence across the board at this cast iron style steakhouse. Consider it for a family gathering, such as your rehearsal dinner in one of their private rooms, or enjoy nightlife at their bar, open until 2am.
- Falls Park - Enjoy a little nature in the midst of city life. There’s a reason our downtown waterfall and suspension bridge have caught the eye of the nation! Falls Park is the perfect spot for an afternoon stroll with a view, with its walking trails, park benches, and the gorgeous suspension bridge overlooking the downtown waterfall. There is so much to do on this side of the city. Have a picnic, read a book, or get some ice cream at Spill the Beans, a local favorite, and take in the many sights that Falls Park has to offer.
Pro tip: live like a local by grabbing lunch at Gather, then walk down to Falls Park with your friends.
- The Swamp Rabbit Trail - The best part about downtown Greenville is how walkable it is. Walk, ride, or run the Swamp Rabbit Trail, as it cuts right through the heart of downtown, leading all the way to Travelers Rest. Along the way are amazing local businesses including Due South Coffee, the Swamp Rabbit Cafe and Grocery, Sidewall Pizza Company, Swamp Rabbit Brewery, and Tandem Creperie and Coffeehouse. You could spend an entire day venturing the path of this iconic paved bike and walking trail.
- Poinsett Bridge & Campbell’s Covered Bridge - Greenville is full of rich history, including the Poinsett Bridge. If you’re a history buff, you’ll want to check out this beautiful stone bridge, which is the oldest surviving bridge in South Carolina and is included in the National Register of Historic Places. Not to mention it’s one of our most Instagrammable spots as well! Poinsett Bridge is located within a preserve owned by the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources and stretches over Little Gap Creek. Another historical spot to check out is Campbell’s Covered Bridge, which is the only covered bridge remaining in South Carolina. Spanning Beaverdam Creek, this bridge is picturesque and perfect for exploring, rain or shine.
- Hampton Station - Enjoy an afternoon of good eats, good drinks, and good hangs. Hampton Station is located right off of the Swamp Rabbit Trail and has everything you need to play all day. Grab a few tacos from White Duck Taco and pair them with a beer or two from Birds Fly South. You can’t go wrong with the Bangkok Shrimp taco and The Blueprint IPA. Picnic out on the lawn then head over to Craft Axe Throwing for hours of competitive fun. Shop local at Hollowed Earth Pottery, or even take a class. Endless fun, endless possibilities.
- Mice on Main Scavenger Hunt - Conjure up your inner child, and find the Mice on Main. This Scavenger Hunt is a great way to see downtown Greenville and have fun too! There are nine bronze mice hidden along Main Street, each with a clue. What started as a high school project inspired by children’s book Goodnight Moon, has turned into a combination of art and entertainment. Stop into our Mast General Store to grab the clues and enjoy this local favorite and see who can find all nine!
- Greenville Drive or Greenville Triumph Game - Sports lovers, this one's for you. Depending on the season you visit, enjoy a night out at a Greenville Drive baseball game or Greenville Triumph soccer match. Summer nights at Flour Field are filled with delicious concessions, Reedy Rip’it the Frog, and fireworks. Get your group together and cheer on our Minor League Baseball team! Enjoy a summer or fall soccer match at Legacy Early College where you’ll get to cheer on a team who values togetherness. Greenville Triumph began its journey in 2018 as the region’s first professional soccer team. You don’t want to miss one of these exciting games!
Whatever you choose to do while you visit Greenville, SC, you really can’t go wrong. Enjoy the rich culture of fun, food, and togetherness. The Poinsett Bride is located right in the heart of downtown, and we are so excited to meet you and welcome you to our great city. We know you will experience true hospitality during your time with us, and we hope you’ll say “YES!” to the perfect dress.