Is an ever-expanding budget for your wedding day causing too much stress? Does the thought of adding to it for the sake of an epic bachelorette party send shivers down your spine? Don’t worry, girl—we’ve got your back!
We know that Instagram may make it feel like it’s Vegas or bust for your bachelorette party, but we’re here to assure you that you can still have an absolute blast on your last hoorah as a single lady without breaking the bank. If Vegas is a must-have for you… go for it! However, if you want to prioritize your wedding budget in different areas, here are a few of our favorite tips for planning your bachelorette party on a budget:
1. Set the Budget (and Stick with It)
We know, we know. This one sounds like a no-brainer, but it’s still our number one tip. Writing down a cost sheet of how much you want to spend makes it much easier to keep things manageable and to stay within a set budget.
Make sure you’re accounting for everything that goes into a fun night out, including transportation costs, drinks, food, and any travel arrangements you may intend to pay for your guests, plus at least a few more hundred dollars for unexpected expenses.
You’d be surprised how quickly those things add up! But don’t worry, we promise you’ll be thanking yourself after everything is said and done and you’ve stayed well within budget.
2. Communicate with Your Friends About the Budget
Money might be hard to talk about, but it’s super important to understand how much your guests are able and willing to spend for your bachelorette party before getting too far into planning.
Making sure that all of your besties are on the same page regarding your big night out is essential to a drama-free weekend. Plus, it’s good to know how much you’ll be paying for your party out-of-pocket and how much of the weekend your friends can chip in for. And who knows? Maybe they’re willing to contribute more to your party than you initially thought. Don’t be afraid to ask about splitting the cost of your party; no one expects you to pay for the entire thing on your own! After all, they’re your besties! And this is really all about the memories.
3. Save Money on Food & Drinks
Let’s face it—wining and dining ain’t cheap. Luckily, there are a few simple things that can help you to cut down on costs.
- Take Advantage of Happy Hour- Planning your evening(s) around happy hour can cut your dinner costs in nearly half, so why would you not utilize this to your budget’s advantage?
- Take a Cooking Class for Your Party- Dinner, entertainment, and food? What’s not to love about learning a new skill with your BFFs? Additionally, consider other all-inclusive dinner options like a murder mystery dinner theater or Medieval Times.
- Consider a Potluck Dinner- If you’re really on a budget, nothing’s better than the company of friends and the sense of camaraderie that’s shared over tasting their best homemade meals. It’s a simple option, but honestly, nothing quite compares to a good night in with great friends.
4. Save Money on Travel
Travel can be one of the highest ticket items for any bachelorette itinerary. From Uber cars to airline tickets and Airbnbs, consider limiting the costs of this as best as you can.
Flying during the off-season or utilizing online deals can significantly reduce airline costs. Checking places like Airbnb or VRBO is often cheaper than booking multiple hotel rooms, plus having a house with a kitchen can significantly reduce the price of ordering food.
Opting to drive to somewhere close (think nearby lakes or that cool town a few hours away) is another great budget-friendly choice. And lastly, if you can walk to that bar nearby, do it. Ubers are expensive, so if you can cut down on the cost, try to!
Finally, a cozy staycation is your best bet if you’re genuinely looking to minimize costs.
5. Choose Less Expensive Activities
There are tons of fun and inexpensive activities to do with your girlfriends, and while Vegas may sound great, it’s not always in the cards, depending on your budget. Below, we’ve listed a few creative ideas to get the juices flowing.
- Plan a Scavenger Hunt- From silly scavenger hunts to more adventurous and adrenaline-pounding scavenger hunts, this basic game is sure to float just about anyone’s boat. Head on over to Pinterest for some killer inspiration!
- Mani/Pedis- Simple, cheap, and easy, not only does this activity get you prepped for the actual wedding day, but it’s easy on the wallet as well.
- Winery/Brewery Tour- Pack a picnic lunch to make this trip even lighter on the budget. However you stack it, this classic activity is a win-win for just about everyone in your bridal party.
- Karaoke- Whether it’s to the TV in your apartment or a private karaoke booth, nothing goes together as well as drinking, singing, and dancing!
- Camping Trip- About as budget-friendly as it gets, you won’t have to worry about racking up any food or drink bills from the outdoor comforts of good old mother nature.
No matter what your budget, there’s a meaningful and fun bachelorette party that will fit well within your constraints. With a little bit of ingenuity, you shouldn’t have to sacrifice a single moment of fun for credit card debt in the months to come!
And hey, we can’t wait to see the epic photos on Instagram!